- Get the current linux-nvidia drivers from nvidia.com
- Instal build-essentia, xserver-xorg-dev, linux-headers-‘insert your kernel version here
sudo apt-get install build-essential xserver-xorg-dev linux-headers-2.6.x
- Stop your x.org server
sudo /etc/init.d/./gdm stop
- In /etc/default/linux-restricted-modules-common, add nv to DISABLED_MODULES=””
- Run the installation script you got from nvidia, it should take you through the installation process. When asked if you want to download a suitable Kernel from nvidia, select no.
- When asked if you want to auto-configure xorg.conf select yes and reboot your machine.
Zonbu.com is offering an environment-friendly (running at 15W) slim computer powered by open source software (Linux, Mozilla Firefox, OpenOffice).
Zonbu is a compact, ultra low power mini with all the bells and whistles:
- Intel-compatible ultra-low power CPU
- 512 MB RAM + 4GB flash-based local storage
- Graphics up to 1400 x 1050 (16 million colors). Hardware graphics and MPEG2 acceleration
- PC-compatible ports for keyboard and mouse
- 6 USB ports to plug-and-play all standard USB accessories
- Broadband ready: 10/100 Mbps Ethernet built-in
Currently, the zonbu can be purchased in some kind of financial planning. Im sure some retail version around 250€ would be a hit on the market.
This device would certainly look good in the living room although there will probably be some limitation regarding multimedia (since there is no interlal DVD drive) . Design also customizable so it will fit virtually anywhere in the house.
The homepage seems to be under construction at the moment. Some pages are not up yet, but have a look yourself at www.zonbu.com
Updating s9y can be really, really troublesome so after some testing i decided to switch to wordpress.
I will repost some of the old stuff soon…